Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
Job Description: Responsible for tracking and evaluating day-to-day financial activities of the organisation under the supervision of the Head of Finance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure proper and accurate collection of funds and recording of financial information.
- Carry out banking transactions.
- Process payments and ensure timely, accurate and complete payments are done in line with payment schedules.
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of financial records.
- Maintain cost reports and manage invoices.
- Ensure retirements are done in line with the organisation’s policy.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure fillings are done sequentially with complete documentation and records are safely preserved.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development by proactively identifying and participating in formal/informal learning opportunities.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Finance and/or management.
- Bachelors’ degree/HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or IFRS
- Evidence of proficiency in one or two accounting software
- Cash flow management skills
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 20th October 2023